Making Art = Joy
And I want YOU to have that too.
I’m a modern-day creative muse, but unlike the fickle ancient muses, I’m more reliable and easier to talk to.
Any of the nine sister goddesses in Greek mythology presiding over song and poetry and the arts and science.
A person who is the source of inspiration for a creative artist.
I can help you find, or reclaim, the joy of creating your own art. If you’re just starting on the path of making art or trying to find your way again, I can help you find the next step forward.
My gift is to help artists like you discover your own potential and move your creative practice forward.
Years of artistic experience and a widely varied background have taught me about the creative process and how it works – and how it sometimes breaks down and goes wrong.
I’ve learned how to show you your strengths and how to plot a path around the blocks. As an accomplished artist, I’m passionate about supporting the creativity and artistry in others.
Come along with me and let’s make joyful art together!
If you want to know more, here’s a time line:
- The beginning – Earned a BS in Chemistry
- A couple of years – Worked as a chemist, decided this was not the life for me, went back to college for an accounting degree.
- While still in college – Bought a needlework shop, resurrected it from near death.
- In the meantime – Received BS in Accounting and became a licensed CPA.
- The next step – Sold the store and took a regular job at a local accounting firm.
- A few years more – Found out that I’m a better owner than employee, left the firm with a partner and founded a firm: Harris & Satterfield, P.A.
- In the ensuing years – Managed the firm as well as developing needlework patterns and authoring knitting and crochet books.
- About a decade later – Sold my interest in the now successful firm to fully pursue design and writing.
- Since then to now – Authored books for a total of three and wrote numerous magazine articles as well as continuing to market design and artwork.
- Now – Making art and creating all kinds of things.